Autumn inspiration from Matthew Mead


One of my favorite holidays is next week - Canadian Thanksgiving. I love this holiday for its simplicity. There is no mad holiday shopping involved, just some simple decorating and the focus is on family and food. Love that.

So, I'm starting to embrace autumn decorating now and have swapped out summer touches for pops of orange through the house. Next week I'll share some images of what we do here to usher in autumn but I thought you would love to see what my friend Matthew Mead has been up to lately.

He sent over a few images from his latest book Matthew Mead's "Frightfully Fun" Halloween. It's full of fabulous ideas (as usual). You can find his book in stores now. I've seen them at Indigo/Chapters in Canada and I know they are available stateside at many retail locations.



These pumpkins are adorable and there is no carving required! I think these would be a fun Thanksgiving activity for kids (and grown-ups) next weekend.  


I love to share Matthew's work with you here. 
It's simple. Matthew is an amazingly talented, creative soul and I am continuously inspired by what he creates. He has also become a dear friend and mentor. He and his wife Jenny are an unstoppable duo and I cannot wait to see what is next on the horizon for them. They have had a challenging year. The publishing world is in major transition and reinvention has become the reality for many. However, I am a believer that what you put out into the universe will come back to you at some point so there must be a lot of beauty headed their way ;)



Simple table display with bits of nature gathered from a walk in the woods. PS that table is perfection. So rustic. Perfect for drinking wine and eating cheese with friends. I really want to find a table with this kind of texture...




Love the mid-century vibe of this vignette and of course the use of Japanese Washi tape to decorate the pumpkin. Washi tape is amazing and addictive, so finding another fun way to use it works for me!



A fun way to add subtle touches of Halloween (just a few weeks away!) - a bowl full of happy little gumballs




Vintage cat tchotchke, fun without being all commercial, right?

So there you go a little shout out to Matthew Mead and his holiday team for another epic Halloween book that you'll go back to over and over again. 

Happy weekend friends.

Debra









No comments

Thanks so much for your comments!